- ASC Trail Pass: All athletes must have completed their registration for the special Nordic Team Trail Pass. Use the link sent out in the last Team Email. Any athlete who has not done this by Monday evening will not be able to go to our On-Snow Practice on Wednesday November 30.
- Consent to Treat Form: A number of athletes have yet to hand in a signed consent to treat form for Nordic Skiing. This is particularly true for our latest recruits and athletes who have been tied up with Cross Country running. If we do not have this by Tuesday you do not go to the snow.
- Equipment: All athletes must have handed in a signed Equipment Agreement by Tuesday afternoon in order to take Team Equipment off campus. By Tuesday afternoon you should have been issued boots, ski bag, skate skis, waxless classic skis, skate poles. We will not be issuing any equipment on Wednesday before we leave. If you have not taken care of things by the end of Tuesday you will not be going on Wednesday. Depending on the number of vehicles going and the space for skis, we may leave classic equipment and ski bags behind. Make sure you have your skis and poles rubber banded so they can be handled easily. Athletes should have their personal items in a bag so we do not lose things.
- Sign-Up: Athletes must sign up on Doodle. We try and get transportation for athletes that have signed up. If you do not sign up you are automatically at the bottom of the transportation priority. Please sign up even if your parent is driving as juggling seats is hard enough without keeping the coaches guessing. If you signup and don’t show – the coaches will remember and you will be at bottom of the priority next time.
- Driving: We will need parent volunteers to drive us to the snow. Drivers must be approved by the school before driving and the Driving Form is available at the Student Store or on-line. We use Doodle to coordinate these Off Campus trips. If you are a driver, please fill in the total number of seats for athletes (include your children in this number). The Auburn Ski Club Training Center is a comfortable place to wait.
- Food: Athletes should bring food that can be eaten quickly when we get off the snow. We are going to try this year to get rolling as soon as possible because of the new late schedule. We want to be back at NU before 8:30 pm.
- Lighting: Experienced athletes should bring a head lamp for skiing on the trail system. Beginners will be in the stadium area for a week or so where there is adequate lighting.
- Clothing: Newcomers often worry about appropriate clothing. We will be issuing team practice jackets on Tuesday but other clothing is your responsibility. Look at the equipment page on this web site. Adam and I have a few spare pairs of gloves that we can loan to newcomers until they get their own gloves. Likewise for warm hats.
Contact Derek via e-mail or text if you have any questions.