Items 1 through 3 must be completed in order to take part in Team practices or clinics. All paperwork should be completed before the official start of the Season on Nov 6. No athlete can train at Auburn Ski Club without a Trail Pass.
- Athlete Sign-Up sheet. Please complete and submit the on-line form immediately. We will not consider new recruits after Friday December 1 without an exceptional reason. This is just 3 weeks till the first race!
- School Sports Package. Includes, sports physical, drug testing permissions, and insurance. Get a package directly from the student store and return it to them when complete – DO NOT RETURN TO COACH. You may need to schedule a medical exam, so don’t procrastinate. Athlete cannot practice with the team till this is approved by school and completion slip is returned to the coach. For athletes already approved for Fall sports, please tell the coaches immediately so they can check that you are on the list of approved athletes that is circulated. The forms for the Sports Package are available on-line at the High School website.
- Consent to Treat form. Athlete cannot practice with team until the coaches have a Consent to Treat form. This form is available on-line , or a printed copy is available from the Student Store. The on-line PDF we have linked to has been modified for Nordic Skiing. If you are filling out a paper copy please look at the pre-filled section in the on-line version and fill out your copy the same way. This form will cover all Nordic Activities for the next year. Note that a separate Consent to Treat is required for each sport, so you need this even if you have filled one out for another sport.
- Equipment Agreement. No equipment can be removed from NU Campus until the equipment-2017 form is signed. Even if you are tied up in other sports till Thanksgiving you must make time to get your equipment and paperwork completed by November 6. We hope to be on snow by December 3 this year so do not delay.
- Complete the Auburn Ski Club Registration. Parents need to fill this out as it contains a liability waiver. If you are signing up for the ASC Nordic Varsity Program you do not need to fill out this registration as it is included in the Varsity Program.
- Suggested Donation of $200 payable to NUHS Nordic Ski Team. The donation is needed if we are to continue running the program. We have current expenses like wax as well as replacing old equipment and uniforms. We request that the donation be made as early as possible so that we have funds to buy wax and replacement equipment. If you leave the team before the first race on December 22 we will refund your donation.
- Driving Package. Before a parent can drive athletes, proof of insurance coverage limits and a copy of license must be on file with school. Driving Forms are available on-line from the School Website. Make sure that your insurance limits meet the school requirements as the school checks these carefully. Also note that District Policy prohibits drivers with 2 or more DMV points from driving students. Please get this information back to Debbie at the Student Store as soon as possible. Having enough transportation to get to practice is a problem every year. We also require that parent drivers complete the school Field Trip Chaperon paperwork (this will also cover the trip to Mammoth) which should be returned to the coaches. Note that parent drivers who help with transportation on Wednesday can ski with the team at practice as long as they have a signed waiver on file!!! Parents who wish to ski at other times will have to purchase an ASC trail pass. If a parent can commit to coming to most on-snow practices we may be able to arrange a discounted ASC Trail Pass.